Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nath

I haven’t worn one myself but I’ve become rather fascinated with them. I find their beauty kind of ethereal and ancient … like they march to a different beat, which of course, suits me just fine.

The nath is an Indian tradition and is worn for special occasions, such as marriage and childbirth. It is often joined by a chain that connects to either an earring or a pin to the hair.

I made this one and it’s been purchased already. I love the delicate work – the stones all wire wrapped by sterling wire into place; making a delicate flower. Moonstone Flower Nath 3

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous piece of work! Just stunning!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Dede! I can't wait to play with more nath styles - very relaxing and comforting to do.

    ReplyDelete